As a social enterprise our efforts and funds are utilised to develop the quality of our service and facilities.
We have a positive social impact on the health of the communities we serve; improving employment and skills development opportunities as well as teaching potentially lifesaving skills such as learning to swim and first aid courses. All of our services have been designed around local needs, enhancing opportunities and enabling everyone to be more active and lead happier and healthier lives.
We are proud to be a social enterprise and of the positive difference that we can make to people lives whether this is through the opportunity for people to become more active, employment opportunities, our fundraising for charities or our environmental impact.
Across the leisure group we have:
- 70,000 children learning to swim each week in our centres
- Raised £350k for charity 2016/17 through partnership with charities such as Heart UK.
- Offer 187 Health and Wellbeing programmes including falls prevention, smoking cessation and weight management.
- Work with partners such as InstructAbility to offer employment to people with disabilities
- 30 million visits annually
- At any one time around 400 staff undergoing apprenticeships
- Pools equipped with our exclusive SWIMTAG technology offering free access to personal swimming data to all members. Total swimmers: 18,500, Collective Distance swum: 509,352km and Calories: 13m kCals per month
- A Health and wellbeing strategy which promotes dementia friendly sites
- The safe places scheme for vulnerable people.
- In 2016 2,366 members of staff and public completed a first aid training course delivered by us. Places for People Leisure have started to take out first aid courses to schools to teach young children these vital lifesaving skills.
- AEDs are at all of our sites
Places Leisure has noted the requirements of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. The leisure business is part of a larger group and has adopted the Places for People Group statement. Please click here to read the full statement.